What Does Hypnosis Feel Like?
Have you ever:
- Ever drove from A to B and not been fully aware of the journey?
- Ever been watching a film and completely not realized someone was talking to you?
- Ever been reading a book and totally got lost in the story to the complete exclusion of everything else?
- Ever been lying in bed with your mind popping up random thoughts that seem unrelated and not logical?
All of these are hypnosis!! You know exactly how it feels and you probably experience it everyday, you just don’t realise it. Hypnosis feels like a day-dreamy, relaxed and somehow ‘not completely focused on the now’ feeling. Your body is doing one thing and your mind is a million miles away.
Now I’d like to dispel a few myths:
1. Do I lose control? – despite the portrayal of hypnosis on the telly and stage the answer is no, those people will only do what they’re happy to do, the same goes for you I can't make you do anything you don't want to.
2. Will I do silly things? – No, unless clucking like a chicken will help you achieve your goal, I’m not interested. This is about therapy not entertainment.
3. Can I move and talk? – Yes absolutely, you can if you want to. Some people feel so relaxed they can’t be bothered but if you want to move or talk you can and will.
They’re the three most common questions I get asked but if you have any more feel free to comment or get in touch, I’m always happy to answer questions and answer your questions.
I hope that puts your mind at ease and helps you understand how hypnosis feels. It’s something you already do and know very well. I’m just using that natural process to focus your mind on working on an outcome you want.
Until next time.
PS. If you would like to meet me and see if hypnotherapy is the right tool to help you, I offer a free 20 minute meet and greet consultation, call me on 07712 445651 to book.