Here are my 5 Simple Tips to lift your mood:
1. Take back control: Say STOP to those negative thoughts running around your head. Remember you control your brain not the other way round!!. Don’t allow that brain be endlessly naughty and fill your head with negativity, say STOP and think about something positive.
2. Nature calls: Nature is a brilliant natural mood enhancer. Whether its spending 5 minutes playing with a pet, going on a walk or just sitting looking at a view, it all counts so get to it and soak up some smiles.
3. Call a friend: Nothing like a good natter with a great pal to lift your mood. Choose wisely, you don’t want someone who jumps into the pity pit with you, you want someone who makes you giggle until your muscles hurt.
4. Do something small: Often we feel bogged down by our big ideas, hopes and dreams and we can find our motivation flounders. We need an instant fix so pick something (anything) and complete it. No matter how small, clean out the cupboards, organize your wardrobe, tick off something you’ve been meaning to do. It doesn’t matter what….just achieve something!!!
5. Move it: Sitting still for hours dwelling on our own rubbishness doesn’t do much for our mood. I’m sure you’ve been told that exercise is a good mood enhancer but what if you’re not into thrashing it out in the gym? It doesn’t matter so long as you move, dancing, cleaning, walking, it all counts so move it!!!
One last small point, it’s no good reading this stuff you have to actually do it……so do it now!!!!!
I’m sure you’ll be feeling brighter soon.
Until next time.
PS If life is getting you down and you’d like help letting go of the stresses and strains my Stress-Less session would be perfect, I’m only a phone call away on 07712 445651